The gap analysis template is used in project management for assessing different aspects of a project. In Excel, you can make a professional analysis for your business/project.
It assesses if there are any hindrances in the implementation of a project and if there are then. How these can remove for effective implementation of the project.
The Gap analysis template is presented in the MS Excel spreadsheet format. It considers all aspects which include in a project.
Gap Analysis Template Excel
Gap analysis has high importance in project management. It is used to review the key aspects of a project. It examines the efficiency of each phase of project implementation and investigates the reasons.
That causes a decline in inefficiency in a certain phase of the project. If you create the excel gap analysis document correctly and mention all the details in it without performing any mistakes, then it will help you exceptionally well in evaluating the project phases and will inform you about any hindrances incomplete implementation of a phase.
Hence, it actually discovers and examines the gaps between the input and output of a project.
This actually implies the inefficiencies incomplete implementation of a project which is removed through conducting a proper gap excel analysis.
The details are documented in the gap analysis document and the actions are plan accordingly to remove the identified inefficiencies in a project.
You can get a gap analysis Doc from different websites on the internet. The free templates have customizable designs and you can make changes to them as per your preferences.
Most of the free templates are very easy to download and require only a time limit of only a few seconds to get completely on your computer. You can also create your own gap analysis template by using the MS Excel worksheets.
Creating an analysis doc is very easy and takes only a few steps to make some changes in your MS Excel spreadsheet.
However, it is better that you should download an online template instead of creating it.
It will save you precious time as all you have to do is to download the template and start using it without inserting any product key. Also, review Excel impact analysis template / Excel Dashboard Template / Excel To do List Template.
Excel Gap Analysis Template 2010
Furthermore, the complications that might appear during working on a project are identified and removed through the gap analysis. Complications can appear while implementing a project or during working on certain phases of a project.
And it becomes necessary to cure these complications. In this regard, gap analysis plays an essential role and performs this task to ensure perfect working on a project.
It covers all departments of project implementation in identifying complications. And helps the project managers in devising strategies to overcome these complications. Due to these benefits, the gap analysis is widely using a project management tool. It has essential value in the field of project management.
Gap Analysis in Excel is one of the effective and efficient projects management tools. That you can use in the broad-spectrum line of industries.
Key Elements of GAP Analysis Template
Here are seven key elements of gap analysis that are the core of this process;
- Project Information: In this section, we put project general information i.e; project name, project id, project manager, date, and other substantial information.
- Current Status: This section provides information about our project’s current stage. You can also put some useful info about running the project phase, tasks, and work done on deliverables. This section also defines our current focus. But for the materialistic approach, we put stats about project resources, team member counts, etc.
- Future Status: Coming forward, this step involves our future status that is base on the statistical data which show positive or negative project growth. Basically, this is what we want to get our project on that status.
- Gap Percentage: Gap result is based on percentage. In project management, it tells how much a project or task is complete means, 30%, 40% or 50%, etc.
- Elimination of Gap: In this section, we make a plan to fill the gap. So, here we enlist project resources, project approaches, and action plans.
- Identify RACI: This section involves RACI members against their assigned tasks and duties. This technique significantly reduces time wastage in the identification of responcibles.
- Action Process State: In this section, you can write either action items are started on time or not. You can also describe here delay reasons. And when the action process starts then you can update it.
Conducting GAP Analysis By Using Project Management Templates
1. Action Items Template: This AIT template helps to fill Gap between the required project status and current project status. With help of this tool, we can make an action plan in which we decide which step or task is most important to be done and which comes after. That specific hierarchy is the core of this process.
Project Timeline Template: After setting the action task list now, it’s time to set a project task timeline in other words setting due dates and deadlines. Basically, this graphic illustration is a project process map that helps other stakeholders view a complete project state at a glance.
Work Schedule Template: Setting a project work schedule is not an easy task but after establishing a project timeline now we can easily assign tasks among the working team and make a professional roaster.
We can also use the RACI chart template after assigning tasks.